2-Day Laughter Yoga Leader Training
June 22 & 23, 2013
9:00 a.m to 5:00 p.m.
WHO ARE WE?
Laughter Matters is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit dedicated to bringing the physical, emotional, mental and social benefits of laughter to the community.
Laughter Matters and laughter yoga on KPBS!
HOW DO WE GET YOU TO LAUGH?
Our laughter classes are based on a simple but powerful wellness program developed in 1995 by Madan Kataria, a medical doctor from India and currently practiced in over 70 countries. While officially called "laughter yoga", it does not involve any classic yoga poses; the word "yoga" refers to the focus on our breath and the sense of relaxation laughter brings. (Visit laughteryoga.org for more information on Dr. Kataria and the international laughter yoga movement.)
Our laughter classes start with fun and gentle stretching and breathing. Playful laughter exercises are introduced which generate laughter without the need for jokes or comedy. Due to its contagious nature, the laughter quickly becomes real and genuine. Classes conclude with a short period of relaxtion and time for sharing and socializing.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
Everyone can enjoy the benefits of laughter. Children, teens and adults of all ages. Working, retired or unemployed. Able-bodied or physically challenged. People who are healthy and those facing life-threatening illnesses. Caregivers and healthcare providers.
Laughter Matters' programs makes the benefits of laughter available to everyone!
- Community Outreach: We arrange laughter classes for nonprofit, government, community, and healthcare organizations and the people they serve. More . .
- Senior/Older Adult Program: We bring one-time and ongoing laughter classes to seniors/older adults wherever they are! More . .
- Corporate Wellness: We bring the benefits of laughter to employees of for-profit, nonprofit and governmental organizations. More . .
- Leader Trainings: Our 2-day trainings are fun and provide participants the necessary skills to lead a laughter class. More . .
- Free Laughter Classes: We promote the approximately 20 free and independently run laughter classes in San Diego County. More . .
Dr. Madan Kataria explaining the concept of laughter yoga.